After struggling with flashlights in a very cold engine room for two months, I’ve upgraded some of the engine room lighting.
When I got the boat, there was a fore and aft light in the engine room. The aft was broken, but the forward working briefly. These were original (I think) and I decided to move up to LED lights. I wired two new LED to port and starboard on the forward side of the engine. During wiring, I found the wiring was tied to the “horn” circuit and not the engine room light. This is just the beginning of a wiring adventure based on the number of “upgrades” done by the previous owners.
I will be fixing the aft light with parts from the removed forward light at a future date.
Here are some before and after shots of the engine room.