Mast Repair

Started another project this week, Mast Repair. Being the tallest thing on the trawler, the mast took quite a hit when the slip roof collapsed. When I got the boat, pieces of radar, lights, etc. where zip tied and hanging off the mast. Some pieces of wood had been epoxied back and the boom was in two pieces. The spreader (solid teak or mahogany) was in two pieces.

For the spreader, I decided to skip the wood and fabricated two pieces of 3/4″ starboard. I found out AFTER I started, that you can’t glue starboard, so the two layers are screwed together. Here are some before and after.

 

Here is the current progress:

IMG_2627

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s